Immediate Securing of Tank:
It is the purchaser’s responsibility to ensure that the tank is secured immediately following
delivery, either by tying down with rope or wire, or by filling to 10% of capacity with water.
Global Roto-Moulding or it’s agents do not take any responsibility for the preparation of the
tank site or the installation of it’s products. It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser, or their agent to ensure that the site has been prepared in accordance with these instructions, and maintained on an ongoing basis.
Good Clean Soil (excluding Skinny Camel and Urban Camel tanks):
• Remove green cover and place tank directly on site.
• Do NOT place tank on loose soil without compacting.
Rocky Soil (excluding Skinny Camel and Urban Camel tanks):
• 75mm (3″) of sand, with a diameter 20% greater than that of the tank.
• Sand must be contained to avoid erosion (eg. by wind, water, or vermin).
• Skinny Camel and Urban Camel tanks must be placed on a suitable concrete slab at least
100mm wider and longer than the tank or tank group.
• Where used, a concrete slab must be of sufficient thickness and suitably reinforced to support the weight of the tank when full.
• Surface finish must be smooth and level.
• Global Roto-Moulding takes no responsibility for the suitability of tank stands.
• Bearers must have sufficient strength to prevent deflection when the tank is full.
• Use hardwood decking with a maximum gap of 12mm (1/2″) between slats, or exterior grade plywood.
• Do not use corrugated iron.
• Support inlet/outlet pipes from tank stand, and not from tank wall.
• Site must be level and free from rocks/stones or foreign objects that may damage the base
of the tank.
• Excavated areas or loose soil must be well compacted.
• All pipes must be well supported, and not dependant on the tank wall for stability.
• An inline filter must be installed between the tank and the pump to protect appliances connected to pump delivery.
• Tank overflow must be run well away from tank base (at least 6m (20′)) to avoid undermining the base.
• A flexible coupling must be installed between the tank and pipework to avoid stress on the
• Tank must not be moved from its original installation.
• Tanks must be installed with clearance between the tank wall and any other structure, such as buildings, fences, other tanks, etc The minimum clearance required is 7% of the tank diameter (or the tank diameter divided by 15).
• Tank installation must comply with local council requirements.