Immediate Securing of Tank:
It is the purchaser’s responsibility to ensure that the tank is secured immediately following delivery, either by tying down with rope or wire, or by filling to 10% of capacity with water.
Global Roto-Moulding or it’s agents do not take any responsibility for the preparation of the tank site or the installation of it’s products. It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser, or their agent to ensure that the site has been prepared in accordance with these instructions, and maintained on an ongoing basis.
Never place a large or heavy duty tank on a tank stand.
• Site must be well compacted and the site flat.
• Site must be level and free from rocks/stones or foreign objects that may damage the base of the tank.
• Excavated areas or loose soil must be well compacted.
• All pipes must be well supported, and not dependant on the tank wall for stability.
• An inline filter must be installed between the tank and the pump to protect appliances connected to pump delivery.
• Tank overflow must be run well away from tank base (at least 6m (20′)) to avoid undermining the base.
• A flexible coupling must be installed between the tank and pipework to avoid stress on the tank wall.
• Tank must not be moved from its original installation.
• Tanks must be installed with clearance between the tank wall and any other structure, such as buildings, fences, other tanks, etc The minimum clearance required is 7% of the tank diameter (or the tank diameter divided by 15).
• Tank installation must comly with local council requirements.