If you need to store large quantities of molasses or water to feed your livestock, then one of the easiest and safest ways to do it would be to use a bunded ballast trough.
Now, I know what you’re thinking, what on earth is a ‘bunded’ ballast trough? Isn’t bunding only used in tanks that hold fuel and other toxic substances?
Well, hold onto your horse reins farmers, because you’re about to save a lot of time, money, and hassle!
What is a bunded trough?
A ‘bunded’ trough can best be described as a trough within a trough. The outer trough is filled with water to prevent the feeder from being moved or tipped over, and the inner trough is used to feed your livestock.
The benefits of a bunded trough:
- Heavy water weight helps the trough to stay in place, even after all the feed has been consumed
- Won’t be knocked over by excited animals or wind, causing unnecessary wastage and spillage
- No ribs inside the trough for easier cleaning
- Rugged rim and double wall provide strength and durability
- Smooth surface and food grade plastic for animals
- UV stabilised for Australian conditions
Lightweight Plastic Design
Unlike other heavy steel or metal feeding troughs, our plastic troughs are lightweight and easy to transport/install. In fact, they’re so lightweight that one person could move them on their own! Plastic is also infinitely better because it’s rust and corrosion resistant, which means that your troughs will have a longer lifespan and a lower risk of leakage.
Troughs that re-fill themselves
One of the best things about Global’s Ballast Troughs is that they’re designed to refill themselves once the trough is running empty. We’ve installed a protected float valve that closes the water off once it reaches a preset level, and opens the valve again when the float falls below another level. So, all you need to do is connect it to a local water supply.
In other words, you can get back to doing what you do best and leave your troughs on auto-pilot.
- Cut back on the fuel costs of driving to your fields multiple times a day to refill your troughs
- Enjoy greater productivity and efficiency with the time you have saved
- No more worrying about dehydrated animals
- Limit the evaporation effects of the harsh Australian sun
- You don’t need to pay for extra staff – one person can do everything!
Find the size that best suits your needs
At Global Tanks, we make bunded troughs that are ideal for both small hobby farmers and large acre farmers. Our 830 Litre Ballast Troughs can feed large numbers of horses, cattle and sheep, while our smaller troughs, like the 450 Litre Trough and the 530 Litre Trough, would be perfect for smaller numbers.
Are you interested in using bunded ballast troughs on your farm? Call us on 1800 666 333, or send us an online enquiry today to find out how we can help you!