Installation Requirements for Cartage/Spray Tanks
• All tanks are required to be fully supported under each foot and centre (For the full length of the tank)
• Please refer to the mounting diagram overleaf for minimum support area.
• In addition to the above, the structure that the tank is mounted to must be sufficiently resistant to twisting, so as to prevent the tank from
twisting. The amount of twisting force will vary between different installations, so it is important that the structure be strong enough to
prevent twisting in that particular installation.
• Global recommend the installation of baffles in all transportable tanks greater than 2000 Litres to assist in reducing the water movement
while braking and turning. Failing to use baffle bones in these tanks will void warranty claims.
• Pin Mounted tanks are to be mounted as follows: Pins are inserted horizontally through holes provided in the feet.
• Pins are retained using a mounting bracket which is bolted to the chassis or deck to which the tank is to be mounted. See below.
• The bracket is designed to pull the pin down as the bolts are tightened, holding the tank firmly against the chassis or deck. Thus, the size
and position of the hole for the pin is very important.
• The retaining clips are required as a safety feature to prevent the pins coming out of the brackets
• Please note that all polyethylene products are subject to natural variations in size. DO NOT simply mount the brackets using the
measurements on the drawing below. Make adjustments to accommodate the exact size of your tank.
• We recommend using high tensile bolts to secure the brackets to the chassis or deck.
• The chassis or deck must be suitable to bolt the mounting brackets to. For example, simply bolting the brackets to a 3mm checker plate
deck is not sufficient.
• Pin mounting allows for natural expansion and contraction of the tank.
• Load straps alone are not sufficient to restrain these tanks.
• Mounting hardware is not supplied with your tank. See your specific tank installation requirements for that tanks individual information.
• Connections at tank outlet MUST have at least 300mm of flexible tubing/ hose before any ridged metal connections to pump or pipe .
• Global Roto-Moulding or it’s agents do not take any responsibility for the preparation of the tank mount or the installation of it’s products.
It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser, or their agent to ensure that the product is installed in accordance with these instructions, and
maintained on an ongoing basis.
• Dimensions given are approximate only; natural variations in shrinkage can vary some dimensions by ±40mm (depending on the size and
shape of the tank.)
• In the interests of continually improving our products, we reserve the right to change specifications on our products without notice.