Immediate Securing of Tank
It is the purchaser’s responsibility to ensure that the tank is secured immediately following delivery, either by tying down with rope or wire, or by filling to 10% of capacity with water. Handling and moving tanks • Move the tank by lifting, using the lifting points on the sides or top of the tank. • Do not drop the tank. • Do not drag the tank across rough surfaces.
Global Rotomoulding or its agents do not take any responsibility for the preparation of the tank site or the installation of its products. It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser, or their agent to ensure that the site has been prepared in accordance with these instructions, and maintained on an ongoing basis. Placement of tanks must conform to local & statutory regulations.
Good Clean Soil (excluding Skinny Camel and Urban Camel tanks):
• Remove green cover and place tank directly on site. • Do NOT place tank on loose soil without compacting.
Rocky Soil (excluding Skinny Camel and Urban Camel tanks):
• 75mm (3”) of sand or crusher dust, with a diameter 20% greater than that of the tank. • Sand must be contained to avoid erosion (e.g. By wind, water, or vermin).
• Skinny Camel and Urban Camel tanks must be placed on a suitable concrete slab at least 100mm wider and longer than the tank or tank group. • Where used, a concrete slab must be of sufficient thickness and suitably reinforced to support the weight of the tank when full. • Surface finish must be smooth and level.
• Global Rotomoulding takes no responsibility for the suitability of tank stands. • Bearers must have sufficient strength to prevent deflection when the tank is full. • Use hardwood decking with a maximum gap of 12mm (1/2”) between slats, or exterior grade plywood. • Do not use corrugated iron. • Support inlet/outlet pipes from tank stand, and not from tank wall.
• Tank installation must comply with local council requirements. • Site must be level and free from rocks/stones or foreign objects that may damage the base of the tank. • Excavated areas or loose soil must be well compacted. • All pipes must be well supported, and not dependant on the tank wall for stability. • An in-line filter must be installed between the tank and the pump to protect appliances connected to pump delivery. • Tank overflow must be run well away from tank base (at least 6m (20’)) to avoid undermining the base. • A flexible coupling must be installed between the tank and pipe work to avoid stress on the tank wall. • Tank must not be moved from its original installation. • Tanks must be installed with clearance between the tank wall and any other structure, such as buildings, fences, other tanks, etc The minimum clearance required is 7% of the tank diameter (or the tank diameter divided by 15). Please note that the Urban Camel Tanks have not been designed to support any externally applied live load to the roof of the tank. This includes using the roof of the tank for access or a surface for stacked materials and/or equipment. Non compliance with either of these requirements will void product warranty and certification.