Installation Requirements for Rainwater Tanks
IMMEDIATE SECURING OF TANK
Handling and moving tanks: Move the tank by lifting, using the lifting points on the sides or top of the tank., Do not drop the tank., Do not drag the tank across rough surfaces.
Good Clean Soil (excluding Skinny Camel and Urban Camel tanks):
- Remove green cover and place tank directly on site.
- Do NOT place tank on loose soil without compacting.
Rocky Soil (excluding Skinny Camel and Urban Camel tanks):
- 75mm (3”) of sand or crusher dust, with a diameter 20% greater than that of the tank.
- Sand must be contained to avoid erosion (e.g. By wind, water, or vermin).
- Skinny Camel and Urban Camel tanks must be placed on a suitable concrete slab at least 100mm wider and longer than the tank or tank group.
- Where used, a concrete slab must be of sufficient thickness and suitably reinforced to support the weight of the tank when full.
- Surface finish must be smooth and level.
- Global Rotomoulding takes no responsibility for the suitability of tank stands.
- Bearers must have sufficient strength to prevent deflection when the tank is full.
- Use hardwood decking with a maximum gap of 12mm (1/2”) between slats, or exterior grade plywood.
- Do not use corrugated iron.
- Support inlet/outlet pipes from tank stand, and not from tank wall.
- Tank installation must comply with local council requirements.
- Site must be level and free from rocks/stones or foreign objects that may damage the base of the tank.
- Excavated areas or loose soil must be well compacted.
- All pipes must be well supported, and not dependant on the tank wall for stability.
- An in-line filter must be installed between the tank and the pump to protect appliances connected to pump delivery.
- Tank overflow must be run well away from tank base (at least 6m (20’)) to avoid undermining the base.
- A flexible coupling must be installed between the tank and pipe work to avoid stress on the tank wall.
- Tank must not be moved from its original installation.
- Tanks must be installed with clearance between the tank wall and any other structure, such as buildings, fences, other tanks, etc The minimum clearance required is 7% of the tank diameter (or the tank diameter divided by 15).
Please note that the Urban Camel Tanks have not been designed to support any externally applied live load to the roof of the tank. This includes using the roof of the tank for access or a surface for stacked materials and/or equipment. Non compliance with either of these requirements will void product warranty and certification.
What Our Clients Say
The whole experience dealing with yourself and the Global Rotomoulding team has been outstanding from the outset. When we complete the fit out of the unit I’ll send you a photo.
Thank you much for the great service provided by yourself and your company. We are impressed by th equality, flawless ordering process and delivery.
- Many thanks, Peter
Dan delivered our new tank yesterday afternoon on his way home. He was very efficient. The new tank looks great! I would like to take this opportunity to thank you & your colleagues for helping me with my purchase. I will certainly recommend you.
Bert and Jane Mol
Thank you so much for being so helpful with our tank purchase and delivery. Raining now and water dripping into our new tank
Right from the start I dealt with courteous, knowledgeable people who answered me promptly. The icing on the cake was Steve, the delivery driver, whose truck arrived within 1 minute of the ETA he gave me and popped the tank off in the right place with a mere flick of his crowbar. This company gives professional service all the way. I am So Happy.
Helen and Dale
Also we would just like to say the service provided by everyone involved with this purchase was exceptional so thank you to everyone concerned and we highly recommend your business.
Kind Regards, Lauren
I was very impressed with your delivery gentlemen and how he managed to get the tank into place all on his own.
The delivery person was absolutely wonderful. I need the help and he gladly gave. I am very grateful.
Just to let you know the tank was received today and to thank Steve the driver for managing to get the truck up the driveway and taking the time to unhook his trailer and move the tank to the truck to make it possible. Much appreciated.
Very happy with the quality of the tanks and the delivery and installation was very professional as well. Could not be happier with the service.
The tank was delivered yesterday as planned, the driver was outstanding and deserves to be recognised, he was polite and more then helpful, service is very hard to find, your driver delivered service that is rarely seen these days.
Dan contacted me and all sorted re delivery. Really appreciate your responsiveness and willingness to help. Over and above my expectations!